A pen tablet is a computer input device that allows the user to handwrite or draw on the device using a stylus or pen. Pen tablets are often used for graphic design, illustration, and photo editing.
Our Top Picks At A Glance
Take a look at the following comparison chart of our top 10 best pen tablet for video editing that will win your heart.
10 Best Pen Tablet For Video Editing You Should Consider In 2022
- WIDE SOFTWARE COMPATIBILITY: TourBox operates with all Mac and Windows programs that rely on keyboard shortcuts, such as Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere-edit and Premiere-color, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, DaVinci Resolve, Final Cut Pro X, Clip Studio Paint, Camera Raw, Capture One Pro, Paint Tool SAI and etc.
- ONE-HAND EYE-FREE CONTROL: With only 11 buttons and 3 rotary ones, the TourBox comes with over a hundred input methods. At the same time, its compact size and button layout allow full control using one hand. All buttons and knobs are different in shape, and are super easy to recognize and memorized, so that users don’t have to look down searching for buttons.
- POWERFUL CUSTOMIZABLE SOFTWARE: Assign your desired shortcuts individually or in combination with any button, wheel or dial according to your workflow and tag them with a unique name at your will. Experience precision video or graphics editing with a simple turn of the knob, or a single or more clicks of the button. Regardless of how many programs you are managing, our present Auto Switch features could help multitask naturally.
- A SMART CHOICE FOR GRAPHICS DRAWING TABLET CREATORS: Loved by over 100K illustrators. TourBox could work independently or in combination with graphics drawing tablet or mouse. Kickstart your creative journey with TourBox, enjoy the seamless immersive workflow, boost your productivity and focus on achieving perfect creation
- ONE-YEAR WARRANTY: TOURBOX provides a one-year warranty and lifetime technical support for all our Graphics Tablet Console. Register your TourBox on TourBox official website to apply for service.
- XENCELABS Quick Keys: The Xencelabs Quick Keys enables artists to incorporate shortcut keys into their regular workflow through an easy-to-use interface. Compatible with current, or near current, macOS, Windows, or Linux operating system. You will need to download and install the Xencelabs Driver to your computer. Includes Kensington NANO Security Slot.
- Easy to Use: You can use the Quick Keys wired or wirelessly to a computer. A USB cable and a wireless dongle are included with your Quick Keys. Quick Keys is operational while being charged.
- 40 Customizable Shortcuts: A dial with four settings that will allow you to perform actions (like zoom in or zoom out) with accuracy. Left-handed or right-handed, wireless or wired, with 5 sets of 8 keys, that allows up to 40 programmable functions per application.
- OLED Display: The Quick Keys OLED display and physical dial makes it easy to remember which keys are assigned to which shortcut, and the programmable color ring indicates which function you’re currently using. Display brightness can be adjusted.
- Application Shortcuts: We provide several popular design application shortcuts, or you can customize to your own workflow. Switch between key groups within an application (sketching, coloring, and editing). Custom settings on the Quick Keys can be exported, named, and imported per application.
- [Battery -free Stylus]---The pen adopts the most advanced passive technology at present, no need to charge or replace the battery, so it's always ready whenever you want to create art,avoiding trouble of battery leakage and low power.
- [8192 Levels Pen Pressure]---The pen features 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity, helps you to draw thicker or thinner lines depending on how hard you push on the pen. It makes lines smoother and more natural, allowing you to capture ideas faster and easier.
- [High Performance]--Working Area:10 x 6.25 inches (255*159mm);Pressure Sensitivity: 8192 levels; Pen Touch Resolution:5080 LPI; Report Rate:233PPS; Sensing Height:10mm
- [1 Touch Ring+1 Round Key+10 Hot-keys]---The touch ring could be programmed for canvas zooming, brush adjusting and page scrolling ( zoom in/out and roll ). The round key designed to shift function among zooming canvas, adjusting brush, and scrolling page. 10 customizable shortcut keys allow more quick access to most commonly used functions.
- [Compatibility]---Windows 7/8/10, Mac 10.12 or later version. And it’s compatible with most drawing program,such as: Photoshop, Krita, Illustrator, SAI2, SketchBookPro, FireAlpaca, OpenCanvas, Manga Studio and so on.
- [Accurate Pen Performance] - StarG640 drawing tablet is the perfect replacement for a traditional mouse! The XP-PEN advanced Battery-free PN01 stylus does not require charging, allowing for constant uninterrupted Draw and Play, making lines flow quicker and smoother, enhancing overall performance. The one-click toggle allows you to switch between Pen and Eraser instantly. Comes with 20 replacement nibs, allowing you to have more fun.
- [Online Teaching and Working] -XP-PEN G640 graphics tablet is designed for digital drawing, painting, sketching, E-signatures, online teaching, remote work, photo editing, it's compatible with Microsoft Office apps like Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, Zoom, Xsplit etc. Works perfect than a mouse, visually present your handwritten notes, signatures precisely.
- [Compact and Portable] - XP-PEN StarG640 pen tablet features 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity, its 6x4 inches active area, providing you with groundbreaking control and fluidity to expand your creative output. The G640 is only 2mm thick, it’s as slim as all primary level graphic tablets, allowing you to carry it around easily.
- [Chromebook Supported] - XP-PEN G640 drawing tablet is ready to work seamlessly with Chromebook devices now, so you can create information-rich content and collaborate with teachers and classmates on Google Jamboard’s whiteboard; Take notes quickly and conveniently with Google Keep, and effortlessly sketch diagrams with the Google Canvas.
- [Compatibility] - XP-PEN G640 Graphic tablet is compatible with Windows 11/10/8/7 and Mac 10.10 or above and Chrome OS 88 and above. It's compatible with the drawing program Adobe Photoshop, paint tool sai, illustrator, Corel draw, Corel painter, sketchbook, manga studio, clip studio paint, and more,Register your XP-PEN tablet on XP-PEN Web to receive ExplainEverything program. XP-PEN provides a one-year warranty and lifetime technical support for all our pen tablets/displays.
- Graphic drawing tablet with 4096 Levels of pressure sensitivity – gives you control and precision when drawing, painting and photo-editing in nearly any software program
- Compatibility: Mac (OS X 10.10 and above), PC (Windows 7 and above), Chromebook (devices running the latest Chrome OS), and Android smartphones/ tablets (OS version 6.0 or later); Easy plug-in via USB-A: some devices require USB-C or OTG adapters
- Small Compact size (7.8” x 6.3”) with large active area (6.0” x 3.7”), is perfect for limited desktop areas and can be setup for both left and right-handed use
- Four customizable ExpressKeys that put your favorite shortcuts like undo or copy/paste at your fingertips when used with your Mac/PC
- Creative Software: Register your Intuos on your Mac/PC to receive Clip Studio Paint Pro (2-years), Boris FX Optics (12 months) and try out Corel Painter Essentials 8 & Corel AfterShot Pro 3 for 90 days; Register with your Chromebook and receive Clip Studio Paint Pro (3-months)
- Intel Iris Pro Graphics
- 2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 Processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.2 GHz) with 6MB L3 cache
- 21.5-inch (Diagonal) LED-backlit Display with IPS Technology; 1920-by-1080 Resolution
- 1TB Hard Drive, 8 GB (Two 4 GB) of 1600MHz DDR3 Memory
- This Certified Refurbished product has been tested and certified to work and look like new, with minimal to no signs of wear, by a specialized third-party seller approved by Amazon. The product is backed by a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic brown or white box. Accessories may be generic and not directly from the manufacturer
- 7" IPS display; 16 or 32 GB of internal storage (add up to 512 GB with microSD)
- Faster 1.3 GHz quad-core processor
- Up to 7 hours of reading, browsing the web, watching video, and listening to music
- Hands-free with Alexa, including on/off toggle
- 1 GB of RAM
- Create original sketches using your mouse or draw naturally with a pen tablet.
- Powerful coloring tools make CLIP STUDIO PAINT your all-in-one illustration, painting, manga and comic creation solution.
- Use an assortment of powerful art tools for illustrations, comic and manga creation that will help maximize your workflow.
- Download over 10,000 free assets to help get your project started quickly!
- Get $5 credit towards CLIP STUDIO Assets
- Better performance and stability
- Organize projects into stacks
- Switch between light and dark mode
- Use blending modes
- Try the new glow effect
- Learn from Anywhere: Collaborative digital learning and enhancing creative education is easy with the One by Wacom. It's simple to use and set-up, so you can get started on your next project
- Create from Anywhere: One by Wacom helps your art projects come to life by perfectly matching your movement with its advanced electro-magnetic pen technology, giving you excellent control and accuracy
- Natural Pen Experience: The included ergonomic 2048 pressure sensitive battery-free pen is responsive and easy to control, giving you the familiar pen-on-paper feel that you are used to
- Take Inspiration to a New Level: One by Wacom is a versatile choice for students, artists, and educators with it's portability and compatibility with Chromebook, Mac OS, and Windows and comes with 3 month trials of EdTech software for teachers. Register your table to receive Kami App, ExplainEverything, Pear Deck, Limnu and Collaboard
- Wacom is the Global Digital Leader in Pen Display and Tablet Market: Wacom is the global, digital leader for almost 40 years in pen display and tablet market, so you can learn anywhere, work anywhere, and create anywhere with Wacom
What To Look For Choosing The Best Pen Tablet For Video Editing
Before choosing a pen tablet for video editing, you should take the following considerations into account.
A pen tablet for video editing is a great way to stay connected to your computer while you’re on the go, and they offer up some great features when it comes to using them. The first feature of note is that they have a number of input methods including syncing with your phone, and the pen can be used as a notepad as well. They also come with Psychology Today levels of stipulation which helps make sure that they’re not being used for anything else other than writing in the future. Finally, they also come with a warranty, which is high-quality given the price point.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Use A Drawing Tablet For Video Editing?
Yes, a drawing tablet can be used for video editing.
Can You Use A Wacom For Video Editing?
Yes, Wacom can be used for video editing.
What Is An Editing Pen?
An editing pen is a tool used in cinema and television that allows quick and simple editing of media.
Which Brand Is Best For Pen Tablet?
When you buy a pen tablet, it depends on the type and size of the pen tablet you want to buy. If you are buying a pen table pen tablet, the best brand to buy is from Pen Industry. If you are buying a pen tablet for use as a phone or paperless office, then the best brand to buy is from the industry’s leaders in the business, such as from Apple or Microsoft.
When it comes to writing about pen tablets, there are several types that go for video editing and other professional uses. Two of these options are the Apple iPad and the Amazon Kindle. The Apple iPad is a tablet computer that people use to watch videos, and then make changes or additions to those videos on the go. The Amazon Kindle is a pen tablet that people can use to write articles or read books.